Did you know that if you have employees, you must provide appropriate ‘welfare facilities’ for them while they are at work? Welfare Facilities are facilities that are necessary for the well-being of your employees such as toilets, washing facilities, and somewhere clean to eat and drink and take breaks.
The HSE have outlined that the following toilet and washing facilities must be in place:
- Enough toilets and washbasins for those expected to use them so that people do not have to queue for long periods of time with lockable doors.
- A supply of toilet paper at all times
- For female employees a means of disposing of sanitary waste
- Facilities with hot and cold running water with sinks big enough to wash hands and forearms if necessary
- Enough Soap or washing agents such as Hand Sanitiser
- A means of drying hands such as Paper Hand Towels or Cabinet Roller Towels
At United Washrooms we can help you to ensure you have the correct washrooms facilities in place for your sanitary waste removal as well as toilet rolls, soaps and hand drying solutions.
Give us a call on 01403 916531 and speak to Abi about our washroom service package to cover all areas so you don’t need to worry about them!